The William B. and Roberta V. Castetter Endowed Fellowship
This fellowship’s objective is to recruit and support a doctoral student of the highest caliber who has displayed exceptional academic qualifications. It will be used to recognize a doctoral student who, through his or her scholarship, creative work, research activity, teaching, and/or practice best demonstrates capacity to make a significant impact not only in New Mexico and the Southwest but nationally and internationally.
- Be enrolled as a doctoral student in a College of Education academic program as of the start of the Fall 2020 semester
- This fellowship may be awarded to the same student in successive academic years provided that the student is making satisfactory academic progress.
- This fellowship amount varies from year to year.
- If a student who has already received this award would like to be considered again, he or she should submit a complete, current and updated application package including new letters of recommendation, and all other application requirements.
Who is eligible?
Any doctoral student who will be admitted for the Fall 2020 semester and who is enrolled in an academic degree program in the College of Education as of the start of the Fall semester.
Each student must submit:
- A statement of how his or her scholarship, creative work, research activity, teaching, and/or practice best demonstrates capacity to make a significant impact not only in New Mexico and the Southwest but nationally and internationally. The statement should be a maximum of 1000 words in length (12pt font). If you are reapplying please include a statement describing your progress since your last award.
- A current resume or CV
- Three letters of reference with at least one from a faculty member and one from someone knowledgeable of the student’s work.
- One current Official transcript that is included in your completed packet.
- A completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by the priority deadline of March 1st.
- A short (no longer than 300 words) statement in which you describe your financial need.
All new and previous recipient application packages must be submitted online by March 15, 2020 11:59PM MST.
(Application opening soon)