Special Education foundation courses required (can be taken during the program):
- SPCD 510 Special Education Law
- SPCD 517 or SPCD 527 Assessment for Students with Disabilities
- SPCD 518 Positive Behavior Support / SPCD 519 ABA
Coursework: Educational Diagnostician Preparation Program (EDPP) Offerings
- SPCD 564L: Introduction to Assessment for Eligibility for Special Education Supports (3 credit hours)
- SPCD 560/559: Introduction to Bilingual-Multicultural Special Education (3)
- SPCD 561L: Diagnostic Assessment of Young Children (3)
- SPCD 563L: Multidisciplinary Collaboration for Diagnostic Assessment (3)
- SPCD 566L: Differential Diagnosis I (3)** Reading requirement must be met.
- SPCD 567L: Differential Diagnosis II (3)*
- SPCD 568L: Diagnosis of Multicultural Exceptional Children (3)*
- SPCD 569L: Clinical Internship in Educational Diagnosis (6)
Courses marked with * have an Advanced Application of Skills (SPCD 596L) associated with them and are offered. These 1 credit hour classes are typically held on Saturdays and will be announced prior to the start of these classes.
Successful completion of this program includes the completion of a 300-hour internship.
** Details can be obtained from EDAG coordinator-Margo Collier