IFCE Research Showcase Invitation to Present
The faculty of the Department of Individual, Family and Community Education invites you to present a poster at the IFCE Research Showcase 2016 on November 15th. Any undergraduate or graduate major or minor, part-time instructor, or faculty member in the department is welcome to participate. Anyone else is welcome if they have an IFCE-affiliated co-author.
We hold this event for two reasons: 1) to foster collaboration among researchers; and, 2) to raise the visibility of the research being conducted in the department.
There are three easy steps to presenting:
1) Plan and design your poster:
- Your poster can represent research at any level of development from the "idea" stage through to final presentation of results.
- You're encouraged, but not required, to collaborate with others on your poster.
FREE technical design assistance is available to participants from the College of Education Center for Student Success. Simply complete the Support Request Form on the CSS website (http://coe.unm.edu/css-support) and be sure to mention that this is for the IFCE Research Showcase 2016 to receive services at no charge. Requests for support must be made no later than Monday, November 7.
- FREE printing of your poster is also available through the Center for Student Success. Simply complete the Support Request Form on the CSS website (http://coe.unm.edu/css-support) and be sure to mention that this is for the IFCE Research Showcase to receive services at no charge. Requests for printing must be made no later than Monday, November 7.
- NOTE: These services are provided by the College of Education's Center for Student Success in Travelstead Hall, not by the UNM Copy Center in the Technology & Education Center.
2) Register for the Showcase:
Go to https://esurvey.unm.edu/opinio/s?s=64803 and complete the brief registration process. You will need to know your poster's title, your co-authors' affiliation and e-mail, 3-5 keywords, and a brief summary (max. 100 words) about your poster. You must register by midnight on Monday, November 7th, 2016.
3) Present your poster at the event:
- The formal poster session will take place on Tuesday, November 15th from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- At least one of the authors should be at the Showcase to talk about the work.
- More details will be sent to registrants.
Benefits to participating:
- Other students, faculty and guests will get a chance to hear about your work.
- You'll network with other researchers in the department.
- You'll gain practice presenting research in a professional setting.
We are very excited about the prospect of seeing your work at the Showcase! If you have any questions about the event, please don't hesitate to contact an IFCE department faculty member or IFCE Chair Jay Parkes (email@example.com).