Language, Literacy, & Sociocultural Studies Ph.D.
Summer/Fall/Spring: December 1
Always check with the department for the most up-to-date deadlines.
Degree Program: Language, Literacy and Sociocultural Studies
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Program Code: PHD-LLSS
Areas of Focus:
- Bilingual Education
- Education Thought and Sociocultural Studies
- Literacy/Language Arts
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL)
Department: Language, Literacy and Sociocultural Studies
Program: Language, Literacy and Sociocultural Studies
Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Studies (LLSS) is a multidisciplinary program committed to:
- The study of the social and political contexts of education.
- Scholarly inquiry using qualitative, critical, and innovative research methodology.
- Valuing differences of class, race, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age as sources of leadership and expertise.
- Creating a community of educators devoted to social justice.