Are you looking for a COE course to fit into your schedule? Need just a few more credits, but not sure what to take?
Find the course that's right for you, then register today on LoboWeb!
Not sure of your next step? Make an appointment with an academic advisor today.
Great Courses at the College of Education
Please note that some courses may fill up or become unavailable faster than we can update this page. For the most current available for any course, be sure to check the course schedule at my.unm.edu.
(images link to PDFs for more information)
Instructor: Marjori Krebs, firstname.lastname@example.orgThis course is designed for those who are currently in mentoring roles, or who are considering mentoring novice teachers. Participants are reflective practitioners sharing experiences, issues, and suggestions with other mentor teachers.
Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Studies (LLSS) Courses
- LLSS 300 Bilingual Teaching Methods, Materials, and Techniques (R. Blum Martinez)
- LLSS 453/580 History and Theory of Bilingual Education (V. Werito & L. Meyer)
- LLSS 502 Intro to Qualitative Research (Lois Meyer)
- LLSS 511 History of US Education (G. Martinez)
- LLSS 541 Seminar in Children's Literature (Y. Kyung Sung)
- LLSS 564 Issues in American Indian Education (V. Werito)
- LLSS 582 Curriculum Development in Multicultrual Education (L. Meyer)
- LLSS 593 Topics: Language Study (R. Blum Martinez)
- LLSS 593 Topics: Adult ESL Identities (B. Chamcharatsri)
- LLSS 593 Topics: Exploring 3rd Spaces (C. LopezLeiva)
- LLSS 623 Ethnographic Research (T. Peele-Eady)
Are these PE courses?
Yes they are! They're a great way to balance out your academic work with some fun and they count toward your GPA and credit hours.
8-Week Courses. REGISTER TODAY! Courses may be full closer to the start date.
PENP 115. Intermediate Weight Training
Instruction in advanced weight-lifting principles and techniques as well as fitness related topics. Fitness Test Fee.
PENP 122. Intermediate Belly Dance
Instruction on the isolation and slow movements of Middle Eastern dance, including use of the veil and improvisation.
PENP 129. Intermediate Country Western Dance
Instruction dependent upon experience of students in basic movements of all segments of Country Western Dance.
PENP 130-131. Tai Chi Ch’uan
Instruction and practice in techniques to enhance body awareness, reduces stress, improve balance and increase strength.
PENP 138 / 139. Karate
Instruction in the basic skills, blocks, strikes, and kicks of Japanese karate.
PENP 154. Intermediate Racquetball
Instruction dependent upon experience and skills of students in basic fundamentals. Perfection of all strokes and strategies used in the game of racquetball.
PENP 155-156. Pilates
Instruction in movements that increase balance, core fitness and cardiorespiratory endurance.
PENP 159. Aerobic Dance II
Instruction in a longer aerobic workout using more advanced dance steps for improved cardiorespiratory endurance. Fitness Test Fee.
PENP 161-162. Jogging Fitness
Individualized running programs for improved cardiorespiratory endurance. Fitness Test Fee.
PENP 165. Yoga
Introduction to five areas of yoga which are particularly significant to the Western World.